- Installation of each of the these recommended tools;
- Publishing your first post.
- How to share your blog url so it can be added to the #WalkMyWorld feed.
Medium is a great blogging platform for those more interested in a clean and crisp writing environment. Medium also acts as a social network of authors and readers. Most importantly they allow users to own their own data, freely export it whenever, and syndicate to and from Medium. It is a great place for a new blogger.
These posts should help you as you use Medium:
- Reading, annotating, commenting, and recommending
- Drafting, writing, and publishing
- Long-form response and advanced writing practices
WordPress.com is the shared hosting version of WordPress. Much of the Web runs on WordPress sites and you can use the free version to get started.
First visit the WordPress.com site for creating a new blog.
Next customize your blog. You can select themes and add header images.
Publishing your First Post
Say hello to the world. Any hesitations you may have and In a post tell us why you joined #WalkMyWorld and what you hope to learn. Share the post on Twitter using the #WalkMyWorld hashtag.
Syndicating through RSS
We will use RSS to create a public feed of all blogs involved in #WalkMyWorld. If you would like your blog added use this form.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.